The Profile Controller watches for and manages Profiles that Reception creates the first time a user logs in. Under the hood, the Profile Controller syncs
- a Kubernetes namespace
- A set of Kubernetes resources (e.g., ServiceAccounts, RoleBindings) that are needed for each user/account on EKF.
Please refer to the following commands to perform a health check or investigation into the Kubeflow Profile Controller.
1. Check the status of the Profile Controller Deployment:
$ kubectl get deployment -n kubeflow profiles-deployment-o wide
2. Inspect the events on the Profile Controller Deployment:
$ kubectl describe deployment -n kubeflow profiles-deployment
3. Check the status of the Profile Controller Pod:
$ kubectl get pods -n kubeflow -l kustomize.component=profiles -o wide
4. View Profile Controller logs:
$ kubectl logs -n kubeflow deploy/profiles-deployment -c manager -f